ESCODISC DPU SERIES COUPLINGS
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ESCODISC DPU SERIES COUPLINGS
Multidisc and flange packed subassembly version
With anti-spark and anti-fly (optional)
Torque up to 23,100 Nm
Bore up to 220 mm
Disc couplings are of an all-metal, non-lubricated design and are torsionally stiff. The torque is transmitted by means of discs, which are alternatively mounted (on the same bolt circle) to the drive and driven flange of the disc pack assembly.
The misalignment capacity depends on the pack thickness, the disc material, the amount of drive bolts and the free span of the material between the drive bolts.
The total torque capacity depends on the disc pack thickness, total number of drive bolts and their bolt circle.
Disc couplings will in most cases have two flexible elements and a spacer. As all parts are positively connected, the disc coupling ensures good inherent balancing properties and is hence often used at motor speeds without any additional balancing. Escodisc couplings meet the API 610 standards.
THE ESCO ADVANTAGE
The Escodisc DPU series offers:
• Factory-assembled disc packs secured by shipping screws and thus protected against overstressing/damaging
• Positive centering and factory-assembled transmission unit minimizing assembly errors and simplifying coupling mounting
• Fillers avoiding contact between discs hence no fretting corrosion
• Refurbishment of the coupling by fitting two new disc pack sub-assemblies to the existing spacer piece
• Easier & less costly mounting
• Extended life
• Excellent inherent balancing characteristics
• S hub for nominal bores and L hub for larger bores
Alike the other Escodisc couplings, the DPU series also offers:
• Optimized shaped stainless steel discs for equal load distribution
• AISI 301 Full hard stainless-steel discs
• Special plated hardware
• Precisely drilled and reamed flange holes
• Black oxyded overall steel parts, oiled for protection
• High torque and high continuous misalignment capacity
• Maintenance free
• Very low and predictable reaction forces on associated equipment
• No disc buckling, no fretting corrosion between the discs
• Adjustable spacer design for easy accommodating DBSE changes
• Temperature range -40°C to 270°C
• No problems in dirty and corrosive environments due to the use of stainless steel discs and protected bolts