Tyre Coupling type (UT/UTO)
Utkarsh Tyre Coupling (UT/UTO)
A split tyre is attached to two hubs using adaptor plates held together under bolt load. An optimized fiber reinforced tyre increases the torque carrying capacity without sacrificing flexibility. This is an elastomer in shear type coupling. Under extreme overload conditions tyre is torn apart, disconnecting the driving and driven equipment, which would guard them against damage. Tyre type coupling provides highest torsional flexibility and misalignment capability (up to 4° angular). The axial flexibility of the tyre couplings allows it to accommodate a large amount of end float as well. Compact design improves the torque carrying capacity to length ratio. During maintenance tyre can be replaced easily without disturbing the setup. Because there are no rubbing surfaces, dirt or other abrasive materials do not shorten the life of the coupling.
- Highest mis-alignment tolerance: Parallel – Max 6 mm, Angular – Max 4 Degrees, End Float – Max 6 mm
- In case of failure of Tyre, torque transmission is stopped – safeguarding equipments.
- Better protections in impact load and heavy shocks.
- No lubrication required.
- Maximum misalignment: Parallel – 1.10mm to 4.80mm
- Maximum misalignment: End Float – 1.30mm to 6.00mm
- Rated torque range: 21.01Nm – 5481.28Nm
- Torsional Stiffness range: 286 – 79,068 Nm / Radian
- KW Rating at 100 rpm range: 0.22 – 57.40